On Monday,  9. July 2001 12:15, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> \, - should be supported in LyX
Totally agreed! See my mail from June 26 for this
(http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg23855.html)

> '\ ' - I thought we already supported this somehwo
IMHO not. Only ~ (protected space) is supported. This makes really a
_big_ difference, for protected space does not allow linebreak (see my
mail mentioned above).

> \v{s} - LFUN "accent-caron s" already supported in LyX.
Agreed. But I don't know if this is the case for all important symbols.
BTW: I didn't know that until now. It would be nice if there was some
information possibility (for ordinary users like me) which symbols are
supported and how (maybe something analogous to the math macro thing
for symbols would be the best :-)

> \/ - we should have support for this
Totally agreed.

> | K., this is no real life example, but do you never use such
> | micro-ERT things?
>
> No, almost never.

You're lucky! I have to use it all the time. And I guess I'm not the
only one. Of course, if this all would be supported directly, it would
be the No.1 solution. But please  think of us poor micro-ert-users
until then ;-)

Thanks,
Jürgen