On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 05:38:44PM +0200, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:

> The patch has rotten a bit, but the conflicts were trivial. It was
> however a pain in the ass to get AikSaurus to work

can you detail your problems ? I added the autotools stuff to AikSaurus,
so probably screwed up some of it.

> and then recompile LyX
> from scratch once again (I can't believe how slow compilation has gotten!)

I know. Ouch.

> You have a few TODOs here and there in the code. As far as I can see,
> those are not mayor issues, but maybe you have done more work on them.

I was hoping for comments on what to do. The one in ControlThesaurus is perhaps
an in-the-future thing, the current solution is workable really.

> One small thing: The button changes from Close to Cancel once there is
> something in the selection input field. However, I can't make it change
> back to Close again. I'd expect it to do this, if I clear the selection
> field. Also, after using Replace, I'd expect the selection field to clear
> out, and the button to change to Close.

OK. The button controller stuff is often "fun". I'll fix this later.

> Also, I think you should bind this to shift+F7, at least in CUA. This

Thanks, I was hoping someone would suggest a good binding.

> Additionally, you should update the NEWS file, the documentation
> somewhere (probably extended.lyx, but maybe Mike can be convinced to put
> it in if you write it). Remember to add links to the dependent libraries.

yeah, I was going to do this later.

> or some other configure-wizard, is it a problem to extend the configure
> stuff to update such a file with information about detected programs and
> libraries that LyX can use?

hmm, won't this differ from the normal meaning of this file ? Normally I can
add a latex package and run "Re-configure". But you can't do this with dependencies
such as pspell, AikSaurus etc. AFAICS

thanks
john

--
My wife couldn't believe what she heard, so she asked the customer,
 "What's your daughter's name?" and the Induhvidual replied,