Andre> So we could reformulate this as:

Andre> Currently:

Andre>      MathFracInset == MathNestInset with two MathArrays
Andre> MathArray == vector<MathAtom> MathAtom ==
Andre> smartpointer<MathInset>

Andre> Is this what you want:

Andre>      MathFracInset == MathNestInset with two MathAtoms MathAtom
Andre> == smartpointer<MathInset> MathBraceInset == some special
Andre> Mathinset == vector<MathAtom>

Andre> ?

Yes, something like this.

Andre> This would look feasible. And it would actually memory usage a
Andre> bit since a MathAtom is smaller than a MathArray with one
Andre> entry...

The problem first is to know whether it is desirable :) I cannot guess
what all the implications of this might be. But I think that with
current mathed, one has to use <space> much too often for fast typing.