Dekel> On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 04:05:42PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Dekel> wrote:
Rod> Some of the images that it happens for for me are rasters
Rod> converted to eps. Some however are just eps (or epsi) files.
>>
Rod> Actually, maybe it is only the epsi files it's converting. I know
Rod> I have in the past called some epsi files .eps.
>>  It seems an epsi->eps converter is missing in 1.2.1. Can you add
>> one, with the command line "eps2eps $$i $$o" and see if it helps?

Dekel> epsi is EPS, so no conversion should be needed!

OK, I finally found a little time to look at that. It seems that in
the flurry of patch sent by Herbert, what was forgotten is an
epsi->eps converter. I fixed that now in cvs. Rod, I would appreciate
a lot if you could try that out.

Dekel, from what I understand, it happens that dvips chokes on some
epsi files and this is why herbert added this epsi support. However,
it would certainly be nice if we could get rid of that. In particular,
if we could find evidence that reasonably new versions of dvips do not
chike on these files, I would be very happy to tell people 'upgrade
dvips!'.

Kind of problem with dvips can be seen at
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg08962.html

There are probably newer reports, but I could not find them.

I would really appreciate if somebody could (1) check that everything
is fine now and (2) think about a better solution to support epsi.