Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schrieb:

So eps2eps is crap (I get the same result as you do). We need to get
rid of it. Two solutions:

- replace eps2eps by a perl/whatever script that removes the preview
from the epsi. However it seems that it is not enough (see below)

- get rid of epsi support (I tend to lean towards this one).
I have no problem with pendula.eps

I began to make some research about what files cause problems. The
only one I found is mentionned by herbert:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg39607.html

The file proposed here is from pstill. It is indeed an epsi file, but
with the strange feature that the preview is like

the attached file is an eps one, it has no preview part.
I modified some time ago filetools.C to detect eps-files
with a header like

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-1.2
%%Title: (Flattened version of pendula.ps)
%%Creator: (PStill V1.5 (c) by Frank M. Siegert 1997-2001)

as an epsi one so that my converter definition does the rest

eps2eps -sOutputFile=- $$i dummy.eps | convert - $$o

this command is for epsi->xpm and
epsi->eps

standard epsi files work anyway.

Herbert