On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:41:34PM +0100, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> > I want default usable interfaces that do not require book-learnin'
>
> I've never seen a search-and-replace dialog that would qualify as "more
> usable" than a minibuffer based approach with a decent history.
>
> I did require some learning, though...

The point is that the occassional or new user gets to use the dialog,
which is (hopefully) obvious to use. As a user gets more experienced, or
starts using search more heavily, the more efficient interface is there
for them.

Efficiency is not exactly equal to usability. Rather, efficiency is (an
important part) of the whole package

regards,
john