On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:54:46PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:

> Poor John, failed at Emacs but rules with vi.  When are you vi guys
> going to get your acts together and put a vi-style command interface
> or are you quietly admitting defeat here also.  :P

Hey, that was the first thing that John and I agreed on!

Seriously, what could be better than a hybrid that used vi editing but
with lyx as a display engine, and lyx-like math/environment commands to
avoid worring about the longer latex writing?  As it is, I try to use
real editing commands fairly often in lyx :)

But the vim license and lyx license status are utterly incompatible, so
it would have to be done as a script and a patch leaving people to
download and compile it all themselves :(

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail