John Levon wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:50:55AM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
>
> > I would love to see lyx do search & replace emacs style.
> > I.e. use the minibuffer instead of some popup the
> > user have to move out of the way _and_ eventually close.
>
> This would be nice indeed, but it must be a complementary interface not
> the only way.

Why - if it offers the same functionality?  The search dialog
is small enough that its components can be squashed into
the buffer area.  Then there wouldn't be a need
for a popup dialog because the dialog pops up inside
the buffer area.

> > Parameters for floats and other insets could be part of
> > the expanded inset instead of a popup dialog.  That could
> > get big fast, so perhaps tabs or two levels of expansion
> > is in order.
>
> sounds like a bad idea to me.

I don't know if it'll be hard to code - I'm only thinking
of the looks here.  One can always dream. :-)

Helge Hafting