[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

| On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:12:40AM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
| >
| > And _who_ are you to tell people what they should use their spare time
| > on?
| >
| > Put up or shut up, you are really beginning to annoy me now.
|
| Making fundamental UI changes, for functions that have been around for
| what, six or seven years?  In a manner that makes LyX unrecognizable?
|
| No one should raise questions?
|
| What exactly am I supposed to "put up"?

- feature requests
- what all these NN people sympatize with
- code

|  In this case, I'd "put up" what's in
| place and has been settled for years.  Anything wrong with that?

Not really, but if the argument is just "That is how it has always
been" that it is a bit on the sparse side.

I have no problems with the changes John has made, even if I am not
quite familiar with them yet. (Not having recent documents at end of
the file menu was a problem...)

Most of the changes to the ui has been good. And the great difference
from earlier is that this time all the placements in the menus have a
reason and can be backed up with arguments. Earlier it was just "throw
it in somewhere it seems to fit."

So at least arguments on why the old way was better is required.

--
        Lgb