Bo Peng wrote:
> So, at least there is no license issue that prevents us from bundling
> everything into a single lyx distribution.

I download all these things once, when I first install LyX. Why would I
want to download them again when I upgrade LyX? I'm likely to tweak MikTeX
and the Aspell dictionaries as I use them; overwriting them will be a
*really* bad idea.

If you're willing to make a 'smart' installer that will go and download
stuff, that's fine, but I'd object strongly to a single monolithic
installer that took for ever to download because it contains 250MB
(MikTeX) of stuff I don't want.

In case you hadn't noticed, I think that this is just a bad idea and a
waste of time.

--
Angus