Angus Leeming wrote:
I'm not sure about concurrent LyX137 and LyX140 spellchecking
without alternating or changing the name of the folder called C:\Aspell

What is the reason of this hardcoded path? Although C is a common drive letter, there are systems that do not use it or where people do not have access to it. Would it be possible for LyX to just allow it to be installed anywhere (as long as it is in the PATH variable), like it does with msys etc.?

About the dictionaries: There are about 20 old dictionaries at http://aspell.net/win32/ but there are more than 80 available at the FTP server. Making all separate installers would take a lot of time.

I have no experience with shell scripts, but I think writing a script that downloads and compiles a set of tgz archives would be a good solution for now.

Joost