On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 10:27:19PM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:

> > Perhaps you may find useful the Cygwin Time Machine:
> > http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/index.html#cygwincirca
>
> Maybe that is useful... I have been trying to re-install cygwin using
> that prev option, and setup.exe crashes several times, and dependency
> seems to be broken ....

Maybe this is related to your handcrafting...
As a general rule, you should not have running any cygwin application
when you update the base cygwin package (the one containing cygwin1.dll)
otherwise the old dll cannot be deleted and you end up with an unstable
system. Wonderful and inexplicable things happen if you have multiple
copies of cygwin1.dll in your PATH.

--
Enrico