Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Angus Leeming wrote:

Agreed. Given that Joost based his work on the
features provided by your installer, Uwe, it doesn't
make much sense to keep two separate code bases doing
the same thing.

I fully agree with you, but this week is the first one where I found some time to restart my installer activities; I explained it in the email I just sent you.

My installer has already been tested by many people. I think there is still enough time before 1.4.2 for you to test it as well.

A fallback is provided if a component like MikTeX or ImageMagick cannot be found. The user can choose to download it automatically or locate it manually.

Work with the guy and get Lars to give
you write permission to development/Win32/packaging.

I asked Lars twice (on the list) to give me write permissions but got no response. I've read that also Joost has no write permissions, is that true?

I have write permissions.

Note that my installer fixes a number of issues that exist in your current installer, such as the troubles related to installing without administrative priviledges. It's also a lot easier to maintain since all installers are generated from a single set of script.

Joost