Joost Verburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Angus Leeming wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't follow. What has /home/ftp/pub got to do with anything?

> The installer will include tools like aiksaurus, dvipost etc. I want to
> upload them somewhere to make it easier for people to compile the
> installer. I can't upload these files to the wiki because of the file
> size limit.

Please add the installer sources to the svn repository so that your code gets
backed up and we get a history of changes made.

As for non-LyX executables packaged with LyX, if you have write access to the
svn repository, you should be able to log on to aussie.lyx.org:

  ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  cd ../lyx/www/pmwiki/uploads/Windows
  mkdir Aiksaurus
  exit
  scp aiksaurus.exe \
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:../lyx/www/pmwiki/uploads/Windows/Aiksaurus/.

You'll need to go bug Lars about changing the owner of the file/directory to
apache:wiki of course. The good news for him is that he only needs to do this
once; subsequent overwrites of aiksaurus.exe will retain the existing ownership.

However, if people are going to compile the installer, why aren't they compiling
the sources also? Why not add
  development/Win32/packaging/
                             aiksaurus
                             dvipost
to the svn repository and add the source files there. Add a Makefile.am/scons
stuff and the executables will be compiled.

Surely the ultimate aim of all this is to be able to type "make windist" and for
the installer.exe to be generated automatically?

Angus