Christian Ridderström wrote:

Hi

As you (ought to) know, I've more or less arbitrarily been writing down some of the questions and answers I've seen on the user's list here:
http://ev-en.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LyxFAQ

However, the unsorted questions are getting a bit too many now, so I'd like to do something about that.

At first I just copied everything from FAQ.lyx, including the structure with the following categories:

* Introduction and General Information
* Internet Resources
* Compatibility with other word/document processors
* Obtaining and Compiling LyX
* Questions about Evil Red Text (IMPORTANT!)
* Questions Related to Using LyX
* Questions Related to Using LyX
* Questions Related to LyX on Windows
* How to get further assistance
* Administrative information and acknowledgments

and added the category:
* Unsorted questions.

where I've been adding questions. After I while I also started adding separate pages for some of the answers (in an unstructured way) since the page was getting a bit long.

Here are my questions:
* Are there any objections to me moving questions into the priorly defined categories?
* Do you have any ideas or opinions on new categories?
* Any opinions etc on where the different questions should go?

PS. The reason I'm asking about objection to moving new questions into the prior categories is that it will definitely make this FAQ get a life separately from FAQ.lyx, and if FAQ.lyx is (ever) updated, this entire FAQ ought to be checked for questions that should go into FAQ.lyx, instead of just the category: *unsorted questions* DS

No objections.  I think a section on layout would catch a lot of questions.

Robin

--
"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi