chr> Um.. I don't think anyone has suggested that for the userguide.
chr> Could you give an example of another document that is
chr> "complicated"?

Hmm, I don't know actually.

chr> But in general I agree with you: If the document comtains
chr> advanced typography, or lots of figures/formulas, it should
chr> definitely *not* be a wiki page. We should only "wikify" stuff
chr> that is mostly text and where it is primarly the content that
chr> matters - not how it looks. Nor when it might be of interest to
chr> use it as an example of a .lyx-document.

Also, there is the problem that trying to get people to use an editor
and using something else for our own docs is fishy, I think...

chr> It would be nicer to be able to use LyX for editing these
chr> documents.. if I can dream for a little while, we'd have a system
chr> with two versions of each document: "official" and "draft" where
chr> - The official version comes installed with LyX, it's read-only -
chr> The draft version resides online and is under version control,
chr> where more or less everyone can make changes and comit them.

Another approach could be to decide to work on a part of a document by
transferring it to the wiki, letting everybody pond on it for one or
two weeks, and then put it back in lyx form.

chr> It's been a while since I actually used LyX to be honest, but I
chr> have a vague memory of it not being that fun to read stuff in
chr> LyX. Cant' remember why though.. one issue had to do with
chr> horizontal scrolling and long formulas I think.
>>  This should not be a problem with what we want to do.

chr> Eh... I thought you asked why LyX is unsuitable for reading
chr> documents with? Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think there
chr> are reasons why LyX is less good for browsing documentation.
chr> (OTOH, I think it's awesome as an authoring tool).

I meant that we do not have such large equations in the manuals. I
agree that the problem is annoying.

JMarc