> Hope it helps.
> BTW, feel free to signal all the problems you find in those translations.

fyi, i also tried to compile it under tetex and strange log messages appear:

Color::getFromLyXName: Unknown color "Answer"
Color::getFromLyXName: Unknown color "Answer"
pplatex: Process input file UserGuide.dvi
kpsewhich tcsx1200.tfm: No such file or directory
kpsewhich tctt1200.tfm: No such file or directory
kpsewhich tcss1200.tfm: No such file or directory
pplatex: Copy data to UserGuide.dvi
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: UserGuide.aux
The style file: 87_usr_share_lyx_doc_biblio_alphadin.bst
Database file #1: 86_usr_share_lyx_doc_biblio_LyXDocs.bib
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "latexcompanion"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "latexguide"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "wrapfig"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "latexbook"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "lyxcredit"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "makeindex"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "TeXCatalogue"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "nomencl"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "caption"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Arabic"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Armenian"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Farsi"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "Hebrew"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "tipa"
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "LyX-func"
Warning--empty edition in Kopka
Warning--empty edition in Lamport
Warning--empty edition in Mittelbach
(There were 18 warnings)
pplatex: Process input file UserGuide.dvi
kpsewhich tcsx1200.tfm: No such file or directory
kpsewhich tctt1200.tfm: No such file or directory
kpsewhich tcss1200.tfm: No such file or directory
pplatex: Copy data to UserGuide.dvi

after that previously reported error appears.
pavel