>>Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:00:59 +0200
>>From: Pavel Sanda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: lyx-docs@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: User Guide in french do not compile
>>
>>> Hope it helps.
>>> BTW, feel free to signal all the problems you find in those translations.
>>
>>fyi, i also tried to compile it under tetex and strange log messages appear:

Just compiled and tested on Solaris 2.8/TeXLive 2007:
>>Color::getFromLyXName: Unknown color "Answer"
>>Color::getFromLyXName: Unknown color "Answer"

I get these two all right, then I get two errors with pdflatex:

Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined

pointing to the first and 5th line of section 3.4.4.2

The degree sign is not recognized as a valid character.
As the same character in the section title is recognized, and thus
the only contextual difference is Subsection vs Lyx-Code.
this looks like a problem with LyX-Code in the first place.

With a simplified example, this looks rather like an encoding issue.
LyX exports now with latin9 encoding, the errors disappear if I come
back to latin1.

However I don't understand why the degree sign in the sectioning title does
not create an error... and the degree sign exists in latin9 all right ;-(

As package texcomp is loaded, \texdegree in ERT works, but I really
would like to have my old lyx docs to work out of the box.
I guess the suggested solution with \Declare... offers a better solution,
but I can't investigate right now (TLC2 documents it).

If I compile with latex, same errors, and others:

LaTeX error: Cannot determine size of graphic in ...

(six among many small illustrative icons: font-noun, font-free-apply,
buffer-view-dvi, tabular-insert, label-insert twice).

Checking in the temp dir shows that these epses (from the xpm sources)
have a null size. In the shell window, I get a convertDefault.py
error message with  Segmentation fault.

A further check shows that convert fails.
ImageMagick 6.2.6 01/27/06 Q16
GS 8.51

Should I upgrade IM or GS, or both ?

--