Bill,
have you tried to save the LyX file as Latex then run
Latex by hand as to exactly see what the problem is.

If Tex is running out of space you have to flush the buffer once
in a while. Try inserting \clearpage as ERT after every say 5th figure.

Let me know if it worked.
Roland

On 27-Jan-99 Bill Simpson wrote:
> Thanks Jean-Marc and Martin. However I examined the eps files in question
> and they are OK--no weird Mac characters (ctrl-M) at end of lines.
>
> I still have the problem that view ps and view dvi don't work if I include
> all the figs, but do work if I include only a few. I guess the next step
> is to try each fig at a time. But I don't think there is anything wrong
> with the indiv files, because if there were the figs would not render
> correctly in LyX, but they DO render fine. I have a feeling that the total
> memory requirements by all the figs is the problem somehow.
>
> I also have a problem that I noticed before:
> when I first open the file I am unable to scroll through it. If I open and
> close another file, then all is well.
>
> Bill
>
> --

Roland Krause
Visiting Research Associate - Center for Computational Mechanics
Washington University, Saint Louis
Roland Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>