"Lars Gullik Bjønnes" wrote:

> Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | Could you try running ``lyx -dbg'' and seeing if that gives a clue?
>
> try -dbg 128

there are the same messages on my system as in Marios mail.
my systems:
1. Linux 2.0.36 (i586) (Suse 5.3)
2. Linux 2.0.36 (i686)     "
3. Linux 2.2.5  (i686)     "

from my point of view it must be an error of the variable
which stores the change-mode of an file. The behaviour of
1.0.2 is just like the 1.0.1 when you don't change anything
and update dvi-viewing. I don't know, why this should be an
error of a specific system. On the other hand, when it works
well at Lars, it's not a real error in programming code.

so the only thing I can say after 25 years in programming
is: the time for fixing an error is reverse to its degree
of difficulty... ;-))

Herbert

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]