On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 12:22 PM Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@lyx.org>
wrote:

> On 7/14/19 1:10 PM, Brian Davis wrote:
> >
> > I checked the Windows 10 Pro box and ran LyX in:
> >
> > non administrator mode and it reported: "Unavailable" for Article.cls
> > administrator mode and it reported Article.cls as available.
>
> Can you check what the user directory is in these two cases? You can
> find that under Help> About LyX. Also check the permissions on that
> directory. Configuration will fail if LyX cannot write to that directory.
>
> Riki

Win 10 Pro box:

LyX Version 2.3.3

(Monday, June 10, 2019)

Library directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.3\Resources\

User directory: ~\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.3\

Qt Version (run-time): 5.11.3

Qt Version (compile-time): 5.11.3

Win Enterprise Box

LyX Version 2.3.2-2

(Sunday, December 30, 2018)

Library directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.3\Resources\

User directory: ~\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.3\

Qt Version (run-time): 5.10.1

Qt Version (compile-time): 5.10.1

Now you got me curious to upgrade the Win 10 Enterprise box to  2.3.3 and
latest MikTeX to see if I can completely break that one.   It is running
basic-miktex-2.9.7031-x64.exe confirmed via MikTeX Console.   It is working
on thesis in admin mode, but does show article.cls  as available in user
mode.  I am experiencing slightly different modes of brokenness between the
two as stated.  Advisors Enterprise box is unknown Versions at this time.