On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Henrik Edlund wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Christian Ridderström wrote:
>
> CR>   http://www.sgr.nada.kth.se/misc/tex/nadapkg/nadarapp.pdf
> CR>
> CR> where they say that a thesis is normally printed on the page format
> CR>
> CR>   G5, 240mm x 170mm
> CR>
> CR> (I don't think it's a typo... they use G5 in two places)
> CR>
> CR> They are also talking about a latex class for the report, in case you're
> CR> interested.
>
> This is a jungle and nobody seems to know anything about it. Not
> even the people responsible. Sigh.
>
> I am going to talk to the university printers tomorrow and see if
> they can shed some light on this.

Don't forget to bring a ruler and actually measure the paper...

At least I just learned something useful: How to put crop marks on the
printout, so that you can cut the page and make it smaller, see

        http://ev-en.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LyxFAQ#line186

where I put the text.

And I've also found that both G5 and S5 seems to be standard formats...

        http://www.books-on-demand.com/handbok/bokens_format.htm

they write that G5, 169x239 mm, for educational stuff,
and "Statsformat", 165x242 mm, for thesis, reports and public
investigations.

/C

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-790 91 37           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr