I can reconfigure without problems but following this there are still couple
of "bugs":
1. Trying to read Latex configuration from the menu or the file in the .../share/doc/
directory gives the message it is not a lyx file, the file is not created
i.e. it has 0 bytes.

This is a well known bug, but doesn't make any troubles.

2. All document styles work except article memoir and book memoir when lyx
chokes and exits with asking me to send a error report to microsoft!!

First assure that you use the actual memoir.layout. You can download it from here:
http://www.lyx.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lyx-devel/lib/layouts/memoir.layout

The next step is to copy the file into the directory \lyx\share\lyx\layouts

Now restart LyX and reconfigure it, because as you can see in your configuration output:

+checking for linuxdoc class manpage...  no
+checking for document class mwart [mwart]... yes

LyX didn't check for memoir. If you use MiKTeX, the necessary LaTeX-package 'memoir' will be installed on the fly while reconfiguring LyX. If not or if you disabled this MiKTeX feature, install the package before reconfiguring LyX. When you get

+checking for linuxdoc class manpage...  no
+checking for document class memoir [memoir]... yes
+checking for document class mwart [mwart]... yes

all should be fine.

I hope this solves your problem.
regards Uwe