>4. Install Acrobat Reader on root path (may have to ignore install
>warnings if you already have it installed in program files â leave that
>copy there though!) Change folder path to remove any spaces. (My
>second copy is installed as C:\Adobe\Reader)
Don't do this! It doesn't matter in which path/folder it is installed. Two installations are one too much and could cause troubles.

I agree with this one. If you already have Acrobat Reader installed in C:\Program Files you could use something like the attached acroread.bat batch file to launch it. Just put it in a regularly name directory without spaces (like C:\Adobe or even where your LyxWin32 lives) and use it as the pdf viewer in LyX preferences.

Avoid to edit the configure.bat manually!!!

Actually I did have to edit the configure the configure.bat manually. The problem is when LyX and user's %HOME%/.lyx do not live on the same drive - Edit->Reconfigure fails from within LyX then. A minor change from %~p0 to %~dp0 everywhere in the batch file fixes that. I already posted this some time and was hoping Ruurd will consider this for future versions.

So the only remaining mystery for me is the usage errors from updated sed 4.0.9

Regards,
Milos
@echo off
rem Launcher for Acrobat Reader
rem M. Komarcevic 2003

rem Place in a regularly named directory without spaces,
rem e.g. C:\LyX or D:\Acro and use as PDF viewer in LyX preferences.
rem Change the full path to AcroRd32.exe below if necessary.

start "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" %1
exit
@echo off
rem Configure script for Win32
rem calls msys sh.exe