[posted and mailed]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I can reconfigure without problems but following this there are still
> couple of "bugs":
> 1. Trying to read Latex configuration from the menu or the file in the
> .../share/doc/ directory gives the message it is not a lyx file, the
> file is not created i.e. it has 0 bytes.
[...]
> The end of this long post is the output of the configure command
[...]
> Output of /configure -dbg3 follows
[skipping the parts that worked]
> creating doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx
> c:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\sed.exe: can't read
> ./doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx.in: No s
> uch file or directory
[...]

On top of anything else that might be going wrong, you seem to be missing
at least one (and possibly two) files.  Note the message that sed can't
find LaTeXConfig.lyx.in.  When I installed Ruurd's 1.3.3 port, that file
and LyXConfig.lyx.in were both missing.  Check your <lyxroot>/doc
directory, which is where they should be.  If they are missing, either
grab them from an older version, or from the source distribution, or e-
mail me and I'll send you copies (they're small).  Park the files in the
doc directory and try again.

-- Paul

Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone:    (517) 432-3509
Department of Management                       Fax:      (517) 432-1111
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management    E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University                      http://www.msu.edu/~rubin/
East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE