Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

I finally repaced teTeX with TL 2004 (removed teTeX completely and
installed TL from the CD). Now LyX doesn't find the classes anymore.

TL2004 is really experimental ...

I thought it'll be released soon. Anyway, I need automatic font expansion, therefore pdflatex 1.20a

TeXLive will not be released this year, too many problems. But where is the problem to install only the new pdflatex?

(to be honest, I really hoped that _you_ have it running already ;-)

sure, but _parallel_ to my TeXLive 2003, so I have only to create a symlink. TeXLive 2004 has another directory structure which makes it impossible to use it in the old way.

latex -> etex
pdflatex -> pdfetex

From the TL 2004 ChangeLogs:

"pdfetex is now the default engine for all formats except (plain) tex itself. (Of course it generates DVI when run as latex, etc.) This means, among other things, that the microtypographic features of pdftex are available in LATEX, ConTEXt, etc., as well as the e-TEX features (texmf-dist/doc/etex/base/).

ah ok, but this is only a link

lrwxrwxrwx  1 voss users       7 2004-07-27 11:06 latex -> pdfetex

Forget about it, because I always use VTeX/Free

Herbert

--
http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/