Herbert Voss wrote:
> > I see. I wanted to replace teTeX with TL long ago. So I just decided now
> > to use bleeding edge (I didn't want to download the huge image twice; I
> > know, I should become dante member; I will, some day).
>
> yes, I think so ... :-) At the least meeting in Hannover we decided
> to decrease hte member fee .... ;-)

I decided to go ahead my laziness and just filled out an application form :-)

> > I'll try to get it work with LyX. Maybe we have to modify the configure
> > scripts; better we do that now.
>
> it is your time, but I would wait, until TeXLive comes out.

Actually, it works now. I have done nothing but a little digging, then after
compilation #x, it just worked. All I had to do is create a
symlink /usr/local/texmf-local/texmf-var -> /usr/TeX/texmf-var and change the
permissions of texmf-var.

Jürgen