Hi at all,
as i subscribed this mailing list some years ago. I'm posting now my first
mail, principally for two reasons. As first i'm italian and i don't speek
very well english; as second i'm "obliged" to use lyx for my thesis...and i
need help! :)

I tried to use lyx some years ago, when i installed it, and now. I have mainly
these problems:

1) i selected the book "style", is that correct for my thesis? i'm not sure of
what a style involves. Probably is easier to answer to this question seeing
the other problems. (I hope...)

2) i'm not able to obtain a common way to see the page numbers; sometimes the
page number is on the top-right corner of the page, sometimes on the bottom
(the first page of each chapter, and in the index pages). Can i decide where
the page number must be printed?

3) i'm writing my thesis with some other people, but i'm not able to put their
names on the authour field. i would like something like this:

cippo lippo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
lappo frappo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(on the middle of the screen) but if i put all these lines into the author
field i obtain a line that is printed on a single line but it is too long so
it is cutted at the end of the screen.
But if i create more author fields i see only the last field (in the above
example i see only: lappo frappo [EMAIL PROTECTED])

4) I need the bibliografy!!! :) but i'm not able to do it works. :(
As i see i could able to put into my thesis a biblio composed of some books
(of which i must say to lyx the path to reach them), but i has not that
books! I only knows their names. How can i put into my bibliografy the name
of the books that i know, but that i don't own on my hard disk?

5) I not able to obtain a good layout with lyx of the comments to my images.
Usually i see the image centered (as i want) but the comments that i obtain
with wrapped box area is not just below the image, but it is between the text
after the image. So i tried to put an hfill element after the wrapped area,
but it does not work.... :(
I use the wrapped area so i can put at the end of my thesis a figure list too.

Some other people told me to use OpenOffice, but i beleve in lyx! ...am i
wrong?

If you need everything....my document, some other details, anything, ask! I
will answer as soon as possible.
Some advices will be appreciated...
Thanks in advance....
Alberto