[replying on the users list to a devel list message]

Angus Leeming schrieb:

> Angus' reply is essentially similar to that of Herbert. .bst, .cls and .sty
> files are all essentially the same in this regard; they belong in a TeX
> tree. If you're not willing to create J:\tex\local (which can be mapped
> from C:\Some place that TeX will hate\) then you're making your own life
> excessively hard.

I use TrueCrypt (truecrypt.org) on Windows to mount an (encrypted) virtual
drive from a file in "My
Documents" (or rather the German equivalent, also with spaces). I'm
volunteering to (eventually)
document that workaround on the wiki, but before doing that I would like to ask
whether there are
better solutions for the "mapping" that Angus mentioned, or problems that I
have overlooked and
which may affect others. Any suggestions?

cheers,
Sven