> SH: I'm going to summarize my understanding of his posts. < ignore 30000
> words>

You are not summarizing, rather extending my posts. It has been clear that
1. Miktex is installed under a path without space, following the
Miktex recommendations.
2. Lyx is installed under c:\program files and it is *not* causing any problem,
3. The lyx document, along with .bib, .eps, .png files are handled
correctly by lyx, even if they are put under a path with spaces.
4. If a customized .bst file is put along with the lyx file, in a path
with space, it can be browsed in but the output has no bibliography
without any kind of warning/error message.

My opinion is that if a file is allowed to 'browse in', it should
work. Otherwise, it is a bug. A normal user would not care if it is
latex' or lyx' or window', it is simply a bug. A lazy fix would give
out a warning when a bst file with space is browsed in (since lyx know
it will not work), and a better fix is handling .bst file the same way
as the figures.

Bo