Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Gerhard Schaffer schrieb:
>
> > But the problem is, that I cannot start sh and get an error message
> >
> > P:\Utility\LaTex\LyX141\bin>sh
> > AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x4D0000, State
> > 0x10000
> > P:\Utility\LaTex\LyX141\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for
> > cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6
>
> that means that you've installed cygwin and that the cygwin version of
> the sh.exe interfers with the one delivered with the installer.
>
> You don't need cygwin for LyX. If possible deinstall it, deinstall also
> LyX completely after that, reboot and then reinstall LyX.
>
> This should fix your problem.

I am sorry, but this is simply FUD. If he cannot even start sh, there
is a problem with his cygwin installation.

To the OP: please check your cygwin installation and when everything
is working you may want to try this cygwin version of LyX:
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.4.1/lyx-1.4.1-cygwin.tar.gz

--
Enrico