Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Gerhard Schaffer schrieb:

But the problem is, that I cannot start sh and get an error message

P:\Utility\LaTex\LyX141\bin>sh
AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x4D0000, State 0x10000 P:\Utility\LaTex\LyX141\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

that means that you've installed cygwin and that the cygwin version of the sh.exe interfers with the one delivered with the installer.

You don't need cygwin for LyX. If possible deinstall it, deinstall also LyX completely after that, reboot and then reinstall LyX.

This should fix your problem.

regards Uwe

No I do not have an installation of cygwin on that machine

I did some more test:
- even if I remove %PATH% and start sh from the lyx141\bin directory I get the same error message - I tried an installation on a Win2K machine and it works without any problem - I copied all the exe and dll files from that installation to the first machine but there I get still the same error message and I cannot start sh

--
Gerhard