Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Dave Hewitt schrieb:

I downloaded the latest LyxWinInstaller (complete) and attempted to install on a WinXP machine (fairly new, plenty or memory and speed, etc.). At a couple points in the installation a DOS window popped up, did something that seemed to take only a short time, but then stayed there and wouldn't close. The installer was halted during this time. For each window I just waited a while and then closed it.

Don't do this! The first two DOS-Windows are opened by MiKTeX - the LaTeX-distribution that is installed with the complete installer. They should only stay for some seconds and then be closed automatically.
If those windows don't tell the users anything then some will close them,
they are used to "click through some pages" type of installs already.

If "don't close" cannot be added (by echo statements or similiar)
then the user need to be informed that closing dos windows
will break the install - and they will disappear after some
time anyway.

Helge Hafting