On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 8:10 PM, William R. Buckley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One more comment.  It seems that MiKTeX 2.7 may instead place the
>  texmf directory in the root of the hard drive.  On my C drive, I find a
>  texmf directory so located.
>
>  Hadn't noticed it previously.
>
>  wrb

Where exactly are you saying the texmf folder is on your C drive?

I've found that MiKTeX 2.7 is placing additional packages in:
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\latex. Maybe, this is done in this
manner because I selected to install MiKTeX for 'anyone who uses this
computer'. If it was installed for 'user only' then the packages may
have been installed into the UserConfig folder, who knows. At some
point in the next couple of weeks I "may" test the theory :-}.

Bob