On 2008-03-18 01:18:50 +0100, Steve Litt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

On Monday 17 March 2008 19:26, Dominik Böhm wrote:
I sometimes also have problems with fonts, but figured out, that
everything looks exactly like in Inkscape if I change all the text
elements to a font like "Arial". When I pick "Sans" as a font instead,
the pdf export seems to use some Courier (typewriter)-font that looks
really ugly.

Maybe inkscape doesn't include the right fonts into the exported
eps-file sometimes, but I don't really care as Arial works fine.

I had the exact opposite problem. Arial didn't work -- Inkscape said it was
n't
there, even though I installed Arial on my Mandriva Linux 2007 in the norma
way.

SteveT

I had some problems with »extra signs« in Hoefler Text that displayed well in Inkscape as well as in LyX (using XeTeX) but for some reason were not there any more when including the SVG in LyX. I am writing a work on islamic political thought, so there is a lot of Arabic transliteration I use. Many of the letters, such as in Madîna, ‘Â’ischa and so on (I have no idea, whether they will be displayed correctly on this list, in my mail client they do (Outlook users usually experience problems, e.g.)) simply were not displayed correctly any more. Anyway, when exporting the SVG in Inkscape to PDF, the fonts are automatically embedded (as far as I remember) and inserting the PDF in LyX is painless. My more simple graphics are still SVG directly in LyX, as it is more comfortable to only make changes in one file.
Anyway, I think that Inkscape really is the problem here, not LyX.
By the way, just for typographic reasons, you know of the typographic criticism of Arial, do you :)?

Max