On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, William B. King wrote:

After struggling with LyX for two days, I can't even get it to print out
its own documentation, which was prepared in LyX!  How much more retarded
could it possibly get?  Good idea.  Let me know when you get it working.

William,

  Please do not think I am attacking you, but I've been using LyX since 1.0
(or earlier, I forget now). It's always worked just fine for me. As a matter
of fact, a colleague who writes in plain TeX challenged me -- as a brand new
LyX user -- to recreate his daughter's resume that he spent 2 weeks writing
and tweaking. I did so in a couple of hours. Ergo, it's been working for
years. Heck, I wrote my book using LyX, and that was published by
Springer-Verlag in 2005. A couple of years before that, Bruce Momjian used
LyX to write his PostgreSQL book published by Addison-Wesley. Both of us
submitted camera-ready PDF files along with all the LaTeX/TeX files.

  Why don't you tell us the platform on which it's installed, which version
you have, and what you're doing. Did you read/use the tutorial?

  Did you export the documentation with pdflatex and try to print the .pdf
file? What was the result of that? When you view the docs using xdvi, what
do you see?

  I'm letting you know it's working.

Rich