On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, William B. King wrote:

After struggling with LyX for two days, I can't even get it to print out its own documentation, which was prepared in LyX! How much more retarded could it possibly get? Good idea. Let me know when you get it working.

I've encountered that problem myself and it is indeed frustrating. If I remember correctly it was caused by things outside of LyX (I have a vague memory of some LaTeX distribution that had stopped distributing a package called floatflt.sty).

However, if you don't provide details we can't help you, nor fix it so that others won't suffer the same problem.

In the meanwhile, you can have a look here for some older versions of the manuals in PDF.
        http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Documentation

Best regards,
Christian