On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:00:29 -0400
"William B. King" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After struggling with LyX for two days, I can't even get it to print
> out its own documentation, which was prepared in LyX!  How much more
> retarded could it possibly get?  Good idea.  Let me know when you get
> it working.
>
>From your "feedback":

Also, trying to print out the Users Guide is futile. It loads into LyX
with this Note:

"To export this document as pdf, ps or dvi, the LaTeX-package hyperref
has to be installed.

This package should be part of all popular LaTeX-distributions."

Guess what? It's NOT! So where do I get it? Better yet, if I need it to
print out the frigging User's Guide, for crying out loud, WHY WASN'T IT
SUPPLIED WITH LYX?

Dr King,
hyperref should be part of all popular LaTeX distributions. If it is
not in yours, then your complaint is with Ubuntu, not LyX. The LyX
developers have made it very clear that a working LaTeX installation is
necessary for LyX (not much point in LyX if there is not).

Does your LaTeX installation work? Can you compile ordinary LaTeX
documents?

As for your complaints about paragraph indentation, this is a complaint
about LaTeX.

Good luck with your other endeavours,
Alan