On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:00:15 -0300
John Coppens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now, why do web-designers insist on wanting my browser to show text
> smaller than the one I configured? Most, if not all of these templates
> find it necessary to define the body text as 65-80% of the defined font
> size (in the stylesheet).

Note this recommendation from the W3C consortium:

http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/font-size

quote:
Size: respect the users' preferences, avoid small size for content

    * As a base font size for a document, 1em (or 100%) is equivalent to
setting the font size to the user's preference. Use this as a basis for
your font sizes, and avoid setting a smaller base font size
    * Avoid sizes in em smaller than 1em for text body, except maybe for
copyright statements or other kinds of "fine print."

end quote...

John