On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:10 AM, rgheck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mike Martell wrote:
>
>> Thanks again.  I took your advice.  I located configure.py  I opened
>> terminal, typed:
>> # cd /tmp/
>>
>> then,
>>
>> #python/library/applications/lyx.app/content/resources/configure.py

Just a few mostly Mac specific comments that might be helpful. The correct
line should be:

python /path/to/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/configure.py

(of course replacing "/path/to" by the appropriate path.
"/library/applications" is not the standard location for applications; it's
typically just "/Applications").

Note 2 (or 3) other things:

1. There's a space after "python".

2. It should be "Contents" (with an "s"), not "content".

3. Depending on your file system, the capitalization of "LyX" "Contents" and
"Resources" may matter. When in doubt, use proper capitalization.

Bennett