On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Mike Ressler wrote:

Hi Mike

of activities). In that time, I wrote two refereed journal papers and part of the concept study that led to the $100M+ mission.

Way cool.

keep a watchful eye on things), so I don't know how lyx's popularity has grown, but I'm fairly confident that "hundreds of dissertations, theses, and scholarly papers" is probably not a bad guess, and very unlikely to be an over-estimate.

I definitely agree it's unlikely to be an over-estimate. My question is rather how much of an under-estimate it is.

Take it for what you will. The point to the original poster was that LyX and LaTeX are powerful, well-used tools, and the difficulties he was having are likely in his setup or with his expectations.

I agree, and I think your point was very politely and nicely phrased, especially given the original posters language.

Sincere regards,
Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr