On Thu, 21 May 2009 16:52:43 -0400
Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> Is it my imagination, or do things go MUCH better when graphics
> included in a LyX diagram are PDFs? That's what I've found. I've
> found them infinitely and continuously scalable, and if I create the
> PDF with "embed fonts", I think they work anywhere.

Note however that if there are e.g. a lot of gradients, some pdf
viewers will show an ugly, incomplete version of the pdf (e.g. evince),
while others take forever to render the page (e.g. adobe reader). I
gave up on vector graphics and use high-res pngs for everything with
gradients or lots of layers.

HTH,

Kosta