On Saturday 23 May 2009 06:25:23 pm Pavel Sanda wrote:
> Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is it my imagination, or do things go MUCH better when graphics included
> > in a LyX diagram are PDFs? That's what I've found. I've found them
> > infinitely and continuously scalable, and if I create the PDF with "embed
> > fonts", I think they work anywhere.
>
> for simple diagrams i found fig or dia pictures to be better alternative,
> because you can still edit them even if included into lyx document,
> internal conversion inside lyx doesn't break their vector-like nature
> inside output pdf.
>
> if used with version control you can even see comprehensible diffs for
> these pictures if small bits change...
>
> pavel

That's good information. A couple years ago I directly used inkscape drawings
(after "vacuuming" the .svg), and things didn't go well at all. I don't
remember the specfics. I'll try it again. The less versions of the same
diagram, the better. I really hate having a .svg and a .pdf and having to
remember they're really the same and the .svg is the source.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package