M-L wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:33:01 +0100 Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de> shared
this with is all on the Lyx users list:

M-L schrieb:

I haven't done anything with tables in LyX, always used OpenOffice,
but thought I would give LyX a larrup to create a table and see how
I went. No I really don't have the time to be fooling round with it
but...... :-)

LyX Version 1.6.5
Debian Squeeze [testing]

Using Article [KOMA-Script]

The cell in my table is [Species ERT[\linebreak] Code]

Instead of Species Code - I need:

Species
Code
You need to use the command \newline instead of \linebreak. For
detailed descriptions how to create and modify tables, see chapter 2
of the EmbeddedObjects manual that you find in LyX's Help menu.

regards Uwe
Thanks Uwe,

But nowhere even with a search of the document Embedded Objects -
Chapter 2 - Tables can I find a reference to \newline but I thought
there was one that said \linebreak, but I can't even find that in a
search at the moment.

Also just to be clear \newline either doesn't work or I'm not using it
correctly?

See sample sent to Yago.

Be well,
Charlie
Have a look at section "2.8.1 Multiple Lines in Table Cells" of the Embedded Objects Manuals.

Please just use Insert->Formatting->Ragged or Justified Line Break.

Vincent