Uwe Stöhr <uwestoehr <at> web.de> writes:

> Am 31.08.2010 17:33, schrieb Evan Mason:
>
> >> It does replace the older ones in that it seems to be the only one they are
> >> offering now.  It's supposed to work for all the different AGU journals.
> >> http://www.agu.org/pubs/helpdesk/
> >
> > Hi, did a new layout file eventually get written for agutex?
>
> I wrote a layout file for agutex. It requires that you have the AguTeX files:
> ftp://ftp.agu.org/journals/latex/journals/Manuscript-Preparation/
> installed to your LaTeX system.
>
> The layout file is attached together with a LyX example file. Please test it
our and report back. If
> it works for you, we can provide it together with the next LyX version.

Thanks for that.  I was successful using your example (agutex.lyx) but less so
with my own lyx file.  Using your example I have
Documents>Settings>Document_class set to agutex, and Class_options>Custom set to
jgrga (if I remove or change jgrga it breaks.)

I have no prior experience with cls and sty files, but have gained some
information through google and Lyx/Help/Customization.

I created the dir /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/agutex and placed agu-ps.sty and
agutmpl.tex there, then the command mktexlsr.  I placed agutex.cls and
agutex.layout in ~/.lyx/layouts/ and made soft links to them from my working
dir.

I then followed the Notes and format in agutex.lyx, adjusting my lyx document
and preamble accordingly.

When I try to compile I simply get:

[ema...@acacia NEA_seas_cycle]$ Warning: Output is empty
An empty output file was generated.

I'd be grateful for any pointers on where I might be going wrong?

Thanks, Evan