> The location is incorrect. Put the agu-ps.sty and agutex.cls to the folder
> tex/latex/agutex
> Finally execute the command "texhash".

Thanks, that works fine.

> The TeX system on Linux should be TeXLive and TeXLive comes with a
> graphical interface to install LaTeX-packages. So after putting the cls-
> and sty-files to tex/latex/agutex you should be able to use the TeXLive
> package installer GUI to refresh the filename database of TeXLive.

I checked and I seem to have tetex, though texlive is available.  I am using
Mandriva 2010.0.

I have a 25-page article prepared for JGR, I wrote it using article class.  I
have run into a few minor problems with the conversion to agutex.

1. Some of the authors have accents in their names, I had written them as {\'a}
etc, but these now appear as blank spaces.

2. 'galley' mode works fine, but in 'draft' mode my figures don't appear;the
float appears with the the path and figure name printed, but no figure.

3. I'm also struggling with the 'Latex error, floats lost' warnings.  I have
about 20 figures which previously were embedded in the text, but agutex.layout
wants me to have all the figures at the end.  I've read that the way to avoid
the 'floats lost' warning is to put a Clear page every few figures, but do far
this is not working.  I have tried New page between every figure and this still
doesn't work.

Apart from these issues the layout file seems to be good.

Thanks, Evan