On 11/06/2010 12:23 AM, Sandhya wrote:
Hi all

I am using the IJCGA Latex class and Lyx layout files from the LyX wiki page on MacOSX. I copied the *.cls and *.layout files to ~/tex/latex/ and /Library/Application Support/LyX-1.6/layouts/ respectively. I also reconfigured LyX. Now when I use the sample LyX document, it terminates with an error:

LaTeX Error: Unknown option `english' for package `graphics'.

I am unable to figure out a way of solving this. I have not used Latex before, and am stuck here. It would be great if you could give me some suggestions in this regard. Thanks in advance.

This layout file is very old, by the way.

I'm not sure I fully understand what's causing this bug, but perhaps someone else will. Even the totally trivial file attached throws this error. I think the problem is that they do this:

    \InputIfFileExists{epsfig.sty}{...}{...}

This seems to have the effect that epsfig.sty tries to process all the options that have been passed to the document class, including, in this case, "english". That ends up getting passed to graphics.sty somewhere down the road, and it chokes. So the problem here is with the class file. That is not really the right way to do things.

Richard