Am 07.11.2010 21:59, schrieb Richard Heck:

Shouldn't "Use babel" really be a document setting, rather than a preference?

Yes, definitively. Babel needs to be deactivated for some document classes and can cause troubles when using XeTeX. XeTeX has its own babel replacement and it might be possible that both can interfere.

If so, we can still get this into 2.0.

Fine with me but Pavel needs to give his OK for such a last minute change.

Uwe, do you know if layouts can disable babel, with e.g.:
Provides babel 1

This is not yet implemented but is easy to do (the same way we do for natbib in line 734 of LaTeXFeatures.cpp.). If we implement babel as document option we should also implement this.

Can you please take over implemented this as I'm currently too busy?

regards Uwe