Am 06.11.2010 05:23, schrieb Sandhya:

I am using the IJCGA Latex class and Lyx layout files from the LyX wiki page
on MacOSX. I copied the *.cls and *.layout files to ~/tex/latex/ and
/Library/Application Support/LyX-1.6/layouts/ respectively. I also
reconfigured LyX. Now when I use the sample LyX document, it terminates with
an error:

LaTeX Error: Unknown option `english' for package `graphics'.

This is because LyX uses the package babel by default. This packages is necessary if you write non-English documents or English documents containing text in other languages. Many article classes don't accept babel because they are English-only. So to get it work, go to the LyX preferences and uncheck there in the language settings the option "Use babel".

But note: it is strongly recommended to re-enable the babel option for all other documents you write with LyX.

regards Uwe