On 04/20/2012 03:34 AM, El Merehbi, Ibrahim wrote:
I do have a cxn, but I am writing a document with someone & I'd like to install it for him so we can work on the editing together, but he doesn't have a cxn (weird as it may be) + to save time in installing. And yes, that's what I was thinking; I just wanted to know how to find what packages (dependencies incl. of course) I needed & where to find them (for Ubuntu!)

You do NOT have to have TeX installed to use LyX. Only to compile to PDF. Plenty of people use TeX-less installs on netbooks, etc.

Richard